Jonathan Manafo is The Village pastor. He is a husband, a father, a friend, a neighbour, and a follower of Jesus. He hopes that every day he’s a little better at it then the day before. He loves his family, his community and God’s world.
My family and I are so proud of what The Village is becoming. It’s been a significant time in the making, and there’s so much more to come. I’m excited about the journey that we’re on and know that The Village will be a safe place for people to discover faith. For several years, I’ve had a growing sense that God wanted me to part of a planting fresh expression of the gospel somewhere in the GTA. the longer we lived in Whitby, the more we felt that maybe God wanted us to keep growing the seeds we had already been planting, and by that I mean, the many relationships in our neighbourhood and community. One thing led to another, and here we are.
A few things about Jonathan
- He’s been serving the local church for over 15 years
- Jonathan’s education includes a Bachelor in Theology/Pastoral Studies and a Masters in Theological Studies from Wycliffe College, University of Toronto
- Loves the art of neighbouring and how it makes God smile
- Thinks his wife is unbelievably beautiful and together they make amazing kids
- He’s a musician who plays bass and acoustic guitar, writes some music, and has recorded some of that music
- He’s a sports fan
- He was born in Toronto, lived in Montréal for 10 influential years, and then moved back to the GTA where he’s lived since his early 20’s
- He loves music, exercise, golf, reading, writing and hanging out with his family anywhere
- Jonathan thinks that following Jesus is the best long he could ever be on, because He fixes him and invites him to fix the world with him